Subject: Music of Hope for HIV/AIDS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:26:37 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July, 1996

MUSIC OF HOPE FOR HIV/AIDS

Positive Voices, a chorus comprised solely of people who are HIV+,  has
recently released their debut recording "Windows of Hope".    This chorus,
currently consisting of over 25 men and one woman was founded by Jackson
Myars in August, 1994 as part of the music program at the largest primarily
gay/lesbian congregation in the world, Dallas' Cathedral of Hope Metropolitan
Community Church.  The purpose of Positive Voices is to make music of hope,
strength, encouragement and faith for all those living with HIV/AIDS, whether
infected or affected.  Jeffrey L. Newman, Music Critic for TWN News Magazine
states, "Their exuberant debut, "Windows of Hope," is a gorgeous collection
of invigorating and heroic songs sung with heartfelt passion.  Never does the
mood get somber.  It remains continually upbeat and inspirational." 

Newman continues, "More surprising than anything else is that despite having
less than two years to their credit, these guys sound better and more focused
than choruses that have been together for a decade or longer."  "Windows of
Hope" mixes lyrically appropriate pop music with contemporary Christian
music, including three original HIV-specific pieces written for the group.
 The recording, available on compact disc and cassette, consists of 12 tracks
that provide 60 minutes of music designed to take the listener on an
emotional and spiritual journey from the fear and despair of HIV/AIDS to the
realities of courage and hope.  

For more information regarding Positive Voices, please contact Director,
Jackson Myars, at (214) 351-1901 ext. 202 or at Cathedral of Hope, PO Box
35466, Dallas, TX   75235  or by e-mail:  [email-masked].  "Windows of
Hope" is available on compact disc and cassette.  For wholesale or retail
orders, call Sources of Hope at (800) 501-4673 or local (214) 351-1901.

	# # #