Subject: AIDS Campaign needs help
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 07:45:19 -0500

Dear editors...
We would appreciate any help in getting this letter out....
because of pressure from certain individuals and groups here in
Washington...money is tight.  It is unbelievalbe to what ends certain Gay
politicos will go to to protect their access to the Gore's buffet table.  We
have not been aggressive in asking for funds, but we need the funds to air
our tv commercial in New Hampshire so that AIDS will truly become an issue in
1996.

Dear Friend:

 Your help is urgently needed to make AIDS an issue during the 1996
Presidential Primaries.  In 1992 we asked "What About AIDS?" at marches,
rallies, and campaign events across the country.  In 1996, the same activists
who organized ACT UP's Presidential Project are working to put the national
spotlight on AIDS.  ACT UP's Steve Michael is on the ballot in New
Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary, campaigning on the same AIDS
promises and platform that helped Bill Clinton win the White House in 1992.
 We have produced our first sixty second television commercial, which will
begin airing on the main tv station in Manchester, WMUR, next week.  The ad
rates for presidential candidates are a fraction of the full commercial
rates, as low as $10 for a thirty second spot, $20 for a full minute.  
Copies of the WMUR rate card is avaliable upon request.  We don't have a
millionaire's inheritance to spend, this is a low-budget, grassroots effort.
 This effort depends on people like you.  
 Your contribution goes directly to airing our AIDS awareness television
commercial.  We're including the rates cards from WMUR, so you can even pick
the time yourself.
 We can put the spotlight on the AIDS epidemic as the nation focuses its
attention on the New Hampshire primary.  Please make checks payable to "Steve
Michael for President Campaign Committee."
 Thank you.  Until there's a cure, there's ACT UP!

Wayne Turner

Note: Time is short.  For those who can contribute give what you can.   Oh
yes, Federal Election Law requires us to inform you that contributions are
limited to $1,000.   

E mail us for info on how to wire transfer, call us at 202.986.0435 or send
checks to the Steve Michael Presidedntial Campaign Committee,  25 U Street
NW< Washington, DC  20001-1010