Subject: Candidate' spouse to attend Sweetheart Event at School
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 18:08:11 -0500

following is a letter sent to Steve Michael, the openly Gay HIV positive AIDS
activist that is challenging Bill Clinton in several primarys and caucuses
 for the Democratic nominiation...as well as Wayne Turners letter of
acceptance

Kids Voting USA
PO Box 189
Auburn, NH 03032
603.627.4016

January 19, 1996

Stephen Michael
Michael for President
25 U Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20001

Dear Mr. Michael:

Kids Voting-New Hampshire would like to invite your wife to attend our
Sweetheart Event.  It will be held at the elementary and junior high schools
on Manchester's West Side which are participating in our pilot program.  The
event will take place on Valentine's Day, February 14th.  The time of the
event would depend on her availability.

The focus of the event is to have Mrs. Michael speak to the students about
what it is like to be a candidates spouse and what she would see her role
being if you are elected President of the United States.  Our hope is to
bring the electoral process down to a more personal level for these
youngsters.
 Kids Voting-New Hampshire is part of a nation-wide network of organizations
working to increase adult voter participation by involving our youth in the
electoral process.  There is an in-depth curriculum that the students have
been working on as well as special school-wide projects.  This youngster will
then go to the polls with their parents and cast their ballot in the
First-in-the-Nation Presidential Primary election.
 We hope that your wife will be able to join us.  Please contact us at (603)
627-4016 if Mrs. Michael is able to attend so that we may make the necessary
arrangements.

Sincerely,
J. Lindsay Shearer
Project Manager

now for Wayne's response 

Stephen Michael for President
25 U Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
202.986.0435

January 27, 1996

J. Lindsay Shearer
Kids Voting New Hampshire
PO Box 189
Auburn, NH 03032

Dear J. Lindsay:

Thank you for your invitation regarding Kids Voting USA.  I would be
delighted to attend the February 14 Sweetheart Event for candidate's spouses.

Steve and I congratulate your efforts to involve young people in the
democratic process, and educating students on the important issues of today.

Please contact our scheduler, M. Lindsey Hagood at 202.332.4523, or in
writing at the address listed above to confirm time and place.  

Sincerely yours,

Wayne Turner

attached is a photo of Steve and Wayne